Welcome to Episode 3 of our Online Ministry Made Simple Podcast. Click here to subscribe and listen to the podcast, which is available on all major platforms.
Today, we address a question that is often asked, “Why should I use the Church Online Platform?”
For many churches, the first step to online ministry is live-streaming their service to a social media platform. But if you want to take the next step and transition to an online campus, the Church Online Platform is a great solution for you.
What is it?
It is a service provided for free by the open network team at Lifechurch. It’s the same group that has given us the Youversion Bible app. And it is a tool that allows you to launch an online service right on your website
Why should you use it?
- It give you a customized church experience – countdown timers – prayer requests – interaction – salvation followup – sermon outlines and notes – private chats – announcements – online giving links – connect cards – moments that are call to action steps
- Less distractions – With social media platforms like facebook, you have to deal with constant distractions. You will find that the average watch length for videos is much higher on the church online platform.
- Great analytics – It provides great analytics that allow you to track who is watching and for how long, including geographic info
What do you need?
1 – streaming platform – vimeo, boxcast, resi (can use youtube, facebook, or twitch for free – but not as easy – and you run a much higher risk of getting your stream taken down)
2 – online hosts – people that are watching and interacting
- Church Online Platform
- How the Church Online Platform Works
- Streaming Providers to use with the Church Online Platform
- Training Online Hosts (great information for social media live-streaming and the Church Online Platform)
- My Church and the link to our live site for Church Online