Welcome to Episode 4 of our Online Ministry Made Simple Podcast. Click here to subscribe and listen to the podcast, which is available on all major platforms.
Thanks for joining us for Episode 4 of the Online Ministry Made Simple Podcast
Today, we address part of online ministry that is often overlooked “Why you should always have a host for your online services”
Whether you are livestreaming to Facebook Live, Youtube, or the Church Online Platform, you really need a host for your service.
What is a host? Lifechurch defines it this way, “If you think about your online ministry like your physical building, Hosts are like your welcome, next steps, and prayer teams—all in one. They play the important role of greeting attenders in the chat, answering questions, sharing helpful links and resources, and praying for people through one-on-one prayer. So, what do Church Online Hosts do? They do three easy but powerful things—welcome, discuss, and pray.”
I would add a fourth role to watch and moderate comments on your livestream.
So let’s get practical.
Who should host?
- people who are unable to attend your service in-person
- people who are spiritually mature
- people who are social media savvy
Where should hosts be located?
- they can be remote, and host from anywhere
- you can create a studio at your church in a spare room that includes all the equipment your hosts will need
- they can even be in your service on a phone or iPad watching the service and interacting
One final thing to consider – many churches have taken things a step further, and have online hosts live at the service, who are there to welcome, share announcements, and interact before and after the service. These are people who are comfortable on camera, and it really creates a connection with your viewers. It’s just another way to move people from spectators to participants.
- Host Team Training from Lifechurch
- Facebook Live features for Faith Communities (includes host badges)
- Church Online Hosts: Complete Guide
And finally, don’t forget to visit Online Ministry Made Simple. Our online courses are on sale for the best deal we have ever offered. Check out our courses: A Complete Guide to Facebook Groups and Developing a Facebook Posting Strategy.